The Mission of the Staff Council is to:
- Seek out the issues, interests, and ideas of employees;
- Review policies and procedures that will affect staff and provide recommendations to the Chancellor to improve the working life of University staff;
- Promote new opportunities for staff to offer their input, services, and experiences;
- Serve as a voice for staff to effectively communicate with the Chancellor and other members of the University administration;
- Foster a positive and inclusive environment throughout the University community by organizing programs and promoting opportunities for staff engagement;
- Support the University's liberal arts mission of exemplary teaching, creativity, critical thinking, undergraduate research, and public service by furthering the University’s core values of diversity and inclusion, innovation, and sustainability, with a particular focus on the University’s organizational capacity.